Why Join the Department of Social Work Primary Care Team?
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of care managers providing bio-psychosocial assessments, case management services, and short-term psychotherapy to patients with medical and/or psychiatric diagnoses. This position will provide clinical services to patients of all ages in primary care and specialty care clinics at Northville Health Center.
The Department of Social Work strives to foster an environment of respect, diversity and inclusion; a place where every person feels valued and can thrive.
What Perks and Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Financial support for continuing education and certifications
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Bio-psychosocial assessments
- Patient advocacy
- Adjustment to illness counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Safety planning
- Grief counseling
- Referrals to community resources
- Case management services
- A Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- A current license to practice social work in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience with medical and mental health social work.
- Skilled in developing rapport and effectively communicating with a diverse patient population.
- Efficient, accurate assessment of patient needs and effective case dispositions.
- Effective organizational skills, flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks in a dynamic medical clinic.
- Independent, sound decision-making is necessary for success in this position.
- Effective collaboration with a large multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in keeping accurate and timely clinical records by computer.
This is a 40 hour/week position. The typical schedule will fall between Monday-Friday with start and end times 8:00-4:30 or 8:30-5:00.
Northville Health Center, 39901 Traditions Drive, Northville, MI 48168.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior Classification.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.