The Club Sports program oversees each Club Sport team’s financial transactions. The Club Sports Finance Program Assistant will assist with this responsibility and maintain regular office hours at the Recreation Center to process requests and maintain accurate financial records. When time permits, the staff member also has the opportunity to assist with tasks in areas of interest, such as event management, team travel arrangements, and purchasing, amongst others.
- Processing purchase and reimbursement requests from teams
- Submitting necessary documentation for payments to referees, coaches and other contractors
- Completing purchases over the phone, by email, and online
- Contacting vendors to obtain necessary financial documents and receipts
- Assist with review of travel approval forms, as related to team expenses
- Reconciling expenses and deposits with University records on a regular basis to ensure accurate account balances are available to club leaders in spreadsheets
- Assisting Club Sports staff with any other financial related tasks, such as cash handling at the ticket counter for ice hockey games
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Performing clerical duties and other assigned tasks
- Work study award for the 2021-22 academic year
- Experience using Excel and Google spreadsheets
- Desire to enter finance, accounting or other related field upon degree completion
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the fourth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.