This position will provide professional administrative support to several clinical faculty and fellows in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences as well as providing support to the Department’s International Center. This position requires excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills as well as excellent teamwork.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Teamwork: We are a collegial, productive and collaborative community.
Caring: We are respectful and compassionate.
Innovation: Our curiosity drives innovation and the quest for knowledge.
Integrity: Our ethics are built on openness, honest and trust.
Why Work at Michigan?
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care — that's the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It's adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of experience
- Excellent computer skills.
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal skills with a strong customer focus.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines as well as work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- A high degree of creativity, initiative and resourcefulness in required.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate and/or provide examples of the following:
- Teamwork – Collegiality and collaborative skills
- Caring/Compassion – Exceptional service to all customers, respect to all you interact with during the workday
- Innovation – Open to changes and challenges to meet the goals/vision of KEC
- Integrity –Must be able to maintain highly confidential information and use excellent judgement on a variety of sensitive subjects
- Minimum of 4 years recent administrative and secretarial experience.
- Experience working in a team-oriented atmosphere and able to manage a fast-paced work environment with the ability to promote professional relationships within a team.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside the normal business hours.
- Concur, Procurement and MiChart knowledge preferred.
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Partial remote work from home until September 13, 2021 with weekly rotations on-site at Kellogg. Return to work onsite September 13, 2021.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.