How to Apply
Please attached cover letter to your resume.
Provides a variety of clerical, secretarial and general administrative duties in support of the department of Safety Management Services. Composes routine correspondence, corrects grammar, punctuation, and spelling, performs data entry, maintains and updates office supplies, compiles data for routine reports, answers telephone calls, and schedules meetings. Supports department activities as required.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Work at Michigan?
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care — that's the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It's adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good.
- Screen and direct incoming telephone calls, mail and visitors to appropriate staff members.
- Schedule meetings and events. Reserve classrooms, order refreshments, and arrange other meeting support items.
- Typing, note taking, word processing documents, enter data and create spread sheets as needed. Prepares a variety of materials from rough draft to final form. Checks for proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, and format of the completed work.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Assist staff with the preparation of presentations. Prepare training materials, assist with copying and creating forms and attendance records.
- Catalog and file construction drawings, physically and electronically.
- Manage department car, perform routine cleaning of department kitchen equipment, ensure office machines such as fax machine, shredder, printers and copiers are kept stocked and operational.
- Update Department Websites.
- Provide administrative support for departmental committees. Take minutes and assemble documents associated with meetings.
- Reconcile P-cards.
- Maintain calendar for Director and Managers.
- Assists with timekeeping/payroll.
- Orders and distributes office supplies, equipment and materials.
- Submits maintenance requests and trouble tickets as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of office filing and record-keeping systems. Catalogs and files construction drawings, physically and electronically.
- Assists with Ergonomic Program surveys.
- Assists with the setup of new employee’s offices/work stations.
- Along with the Operations Manager, plans, develops and implements office procedures.
- Manages department car, water and coffee service, including routine cleaning of machine and service items.
- Ensure office machines such as fax machine, shredder, printers and copiers are kept stocked and operational.
- Performs other related duties as assigned/needed.
- High school diploma with classes in business or high school diploma and 1 year of experience in a similar position.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute with accuracy.
- Strong administrative, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and project planning skills.
- Deals well with multiple concurrent tasks and stress.
- Excellent spoken and written communication abilities.
- Deals with conflict in a non-confrontational manner.
- Vocational or associate’s degree or certification as an administrative assistant.
- Ability to assist with webpage updates.
M-F daytime hours, with some flexiblity allowed.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.