Performs general cleaning tasks; set and strike equipment and furnishings; set, adjust, and strike audio/visual equipment, use of portable and in-room sound systems, maintain cleanliness of equipment and conference rooms
- Perform general cleaning tasks
- Set and tear down conference room furnishings
- Set, adjust and strike audio visual equipment
- Respond to customer requests with a friendly and helpful attitude
- Maintain the cleanliness of all equipment used in conference rooms
- Report needed building repairs/maintenance to supervisor
- Report needed equipment repair/maintenance to supervisor
- Learn the proper cleaning techniques of upright vacuum cleaners
- Lifting heavy equipment
- Coordinating with other employees to complete task
- Think critically and problem-solve in a high-paced environment
- Transport, setup, remove and store equipment and furnishings
- Maintain the floor surfaces in all conference rooms, staging areas, breakroom, etc. by sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Clean tables and chairs
- Clean walls, windows, ceilings, etc.
- Remove and dispose of trash from all conference rooms, storerooms
- Clean and straighten all storeroom, av rooms, etc., as assigned
- Deliver, setup and adjust audio visual equipment
- Strike audio visual equipment and return to proper storeroom
- Assist customers with computer and sound equipment
Must be a current UM-Flint student.
This is a position that requires physical activity. Applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to remain active throughout any given shift.
Need to be able to successfully work in a team environment.
Evening, weekend, and early morning availability is required.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.