How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently check in Breast Imaging and General Imaging patients with correct required paperwork.
- Ask and document the correct questions to verify patient.
- Share outstanding balance information to the patient and/or guarantor.
- Accompany patient to dressing area and give appropriate instructions.
- Accurately and efficiently schedule patients utilizing MiChart.
- Identify the best available appointment type to meet the patient and clinic needs and requirements
- Prepare paperwork for upcoming appointments.
- Call clinics for requisitions.
- Request and process all patient payments for outstanding balances.
- Accurately reconciles and balances receipts and payments collected.
- Request and return outside images.
- Accurately interpret reports and complete proper follow-up as indicated by the Radiologist.
- Accurately file charts according to numeric system.
- Prepare charts for upcoming appointments, ensuring all images and reports are available.
- Open daily mail and send to appropriate location.
- Transcribe outside orders and scan into system.
- Identify and accurately send all images and reports for image requests.
- Retrieve messages and return appropriate calls.
- Handle difficult conversations with patients and families.
- High intensity patient flow, must be compassionate and able to manage stressful situations.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- 2 years’ work experience in an office setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Working knowledge of medical terminology; one to three years’ experience in a public contact setting; responsible office experience required, preferable in a medical setting.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.