The Canton Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility comprised of clinical services, dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. We are seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
Provide check in, checkout and general clerical support for the Canton Health Center. Provide exceptional customer service to patient and families by facilitating business processes that result in the managment of efficient patient flow in a fast paced environment. Provide a range of guest services, including way finding and information within the facilty. Additional responsibilities include: appointment scheduling. Process all patient payments (co-pays and outstanding balances) including: confirmation of patient charges, collection of payments, balancing of receipts and the reconcilliation of cash collections. Navigate electronic medical record, maintain business work queues, and inbasket management. Verify and update patient information, obtain referrals and/or authorizations. Respond to inquires concerning department programs, services and activities. Provid general information to staff and patients.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Some clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting is necessary.
- General office practices, ability to understand medical documentation, coding and diagnosis.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Candidate must be an active team player and be able to work independently.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills are required along with excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance.
- Exhibits professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty, and staff.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
Assistant Level : 0-2 years of related experience
Associate Level: 2-3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Clerical experience in medical hospital/office setting.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Previous experience with automated scheduling system.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine electronic medical records systems.
40 hours per week. Monday thru Friday including one evening shift weekly. 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and rotating Saturdays.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.