How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
At Michigan Dining, we have twenty-one on-campus cafes and markets, nine residential dining halls, a line of Blue to Go foods and the Michigan Catering unit. We have 300 professional and 2000 student employees committed to creative, healthy and nutritious foods, international cuisines and sustainability throughout all our dining operations.
The M|Dining Administrative Assistant provides a variety of professional and administrative support to the Michigan Dining team. You will administer financial functions including billing for Michigan Dining vendors and internal campus departments, reconciliation of purchasing, revenue, and expenses, and financial tracking and reporting.
What You'll Do
Assist callers who may be students, faculty, staff, parents, vendors, retail clients or other guests and members of the campus community.
- Train and help our department's professional staff using specialized food service software.
- Manage unit calandars and meeting spaces
- Coordinate service requests for maintenance, IT, phones, business cards, and other common office needs.
- Maintain office files, systems, email groups and online directories. Manage mail distribution and orders office supplies.
- Recruit and lead student office staff. Validate and approve time for temporary employees and student employees.
- Assist with complicated bargain-for payroll time coding.
- Help record sales, food costs, and labor costs, and maintain and reconcile tracking reports for Michigan Dining. Review financial reports for accuracy and report inconsistencies to management.
- Review retail contracts for multiple facilities and maintain data in event management system to ensure accurate billing. Track invoices and assist vendors inquiring about payment for goods and services.
- Help with events and service in our dining halls, cafes, markets, and at catering events.
High School education diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2+ years experience in the food and beverage industry.
General knowledge of catering services and business procedures.
A current Driver's License issued within the United States, Canada or an International License that is translated into English and completion of the Motor Vehicle Record Check observing the University of Michigan policy.
- Starting salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of the selected candidate
- Please note: Relocation will not be offered for this position
- This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery
- Link to full description can be found here
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.