How to Apply
Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume and should indicate their skills in their application materials, as well as what type of research experience they are interested in.
Seeking talented undergraduate students for paid research opportunities beginning Spring 2021. The work will be with faculty mentors on projects for the Arts and Culture Research Cluster, and all work will adhere to university-established health guidelines for safety. Hours worked will be decided in consultation between faculty members and each student and will be flexible.
What You'll Do
Examples of job responsibilites include:
Design of an events calendar application
Development of an ‘asset map’ of arts and culture institutions within the Flint area with the aim of creating better cooperation
Planning/Programming of 2021-2022 event series
UM-Flint undergraduate student with skills in one or more of the following areas: Arts Administration, Art and Design, Computer Science, History, Performing Arts, Programming, Web/Interaction Design.
Past research experience desired, but not required. Students with an interest in research is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication (analytical writing, creative writing, or presenting)
- Strong ability to think critically
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality, including ability to communicate and work with diverse constituents
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
How You'll Grow
Candidates can expect to expand their research skill set and network. Outcome skills include:
- Knowledge of how to conduct research
- Strong understanding of teamwork
- Development of independent project management skills
- Knowledge of campus and community resources and partners
- The student researcher will benefit from learning from an interdisciplinary team
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.