How to Apply
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be the leading page of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Starting salaries will vary depending upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) has an exciting opportunity for a Performance Support Analyst Senior/Intermediate in its Information Assurance Office.
The role is responsible for performance support, change management, operational documentation, and communications, and campus engagement across a variety of Information Assurance capabilities, including education, awareness, and training.
This position will report to the Assistant Director of Privacy and IT Policy.
Who We Are
ITS supports U-M faculty, researchers, staff, and students in their use of technology to teach, learn, research, and work, and be leaders in their fields. The ITS Information Assurance Office:
- Directs IT security, policy, compliance, privacy, enterprise continuity, and identity and access management (IAM) strategy across the entire university.
- Proactively mitigates IT security risks in partnership with U-M's campuses—UM-Ann Arbor, UM-Dearborn, UM-Flint, and Michigan Medicine.
- Collaborates with U-M units to develop university IT security, privacy, and IAM strategy and to implement best practice security, privacy, and IAM infrastructure and protocols.
- Takes a risk-based approach to securing the university’s most sensitive information assets that enables teaching, learning, research, and healthcare in a large open environment.
- Provides operational information assurance and IAM services that enable the university to excel in its research, teaching, and patient care missions
- Provides guidance to the entire university community on IT security and privacy compliance best practices to help individuals protect university systems and data, as well as their own personal information.
ITS values those that proactively solve challenges, work with a sense of urgency, and seek a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
ITS’s mission is to be trusted enablers of technology for the U-M community. ITS works together to provide cohesive digital experiences and seamless support to the U-M community. To learn more, visit: https://its.umich.edu.
Who You Are
You are energized by working with a collaborative team and industry peers to support the university mission through innovative and appropriate use of technology. You seek understanding and to tackle projects and problems with your customers’ needs in mind. You anticipate problems and work proactively to preempt challenges and concerns, delivering increasingly relevant customer experiences over time. You value a culture that is rooted in mutual respect, where you can learn from different perspectives, roles, and identities.
You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and at least 4 years (at least 2 years for Intermediate level) of experience in a comparable role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully: analyze business processes; apply instructional design methods and theories; and, develop training curricula, user documentation, and/or communications programs, while demonstrating exemplary writing and editing skills.
- Operate with a high degree of expertise and independence on the creation and maintenance of Information Assurance (IA) education and awareness materials, including videos, eLearning courses, webpages, websites, articles, training materials, documentation, communication, newsletters, social media content, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership, vision, and creativity in the development and implementation of performance support programs, including campaigns, curricula, resource libraries, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across IA and the university in understanding and addressing education and awareness needs in effective and efficient ways. Lead cross-functional teams on small education and awareness initiatives.
- Support all aspects of event management in the IA area.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of Privacy and IT Policy, IA team members, ITS colleagues, and university staff to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and ensure cohesiveness and continuity of IA efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of experience (2 years for Intermediate) in a comparable role.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Extensive experience developing awareness and education materials for various audiences.
- Experience working on performance support programs, such as campaigns, curricula, resource libraries, etc.
- Aptitude for understanding complex technical, business, and legal concepts and explaining them to various audiences.
- Proven ability to manage work effectively by prioritizing own assignments, schedules, and meetings, resulting in timely completion of work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in an area specifically related to the role. For example, English, Communications, Technical Writing, Instructional Design, and so on.
- Work experience in higher education.
- Experience with video development and animation software.
- Experience leading performance support programs, such as campaigns, curricula, resource libraries, etc.
This position will be filled at the Senior level salary range of $70,000 - $82,000 as the primary goal. The requirements listed below reflect the Senior level expectation. Applicants with lesser experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered if the primary goal is not met. Lesser-experienced candidates will be reviewed at an Intermediate salary range of $59,000 - $65,000.
**Note: This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk) appointment.**
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Normal amount of sitting, average mobility to move around an office environment; able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer; travel to various locations on and off campus. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required. May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Michigan Information and Technology Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan Benefits Office is committed to offering a high-quality benefits package to support faculty, staff and their families. Learn more about our 2:1 retirement matching, healthcare plans with nationwide coverage including prescription drug coverage, three dental plans, a vision plan, flexible spending account, well-being programs, long-term disability, automatic life insurance, general legal services, three early childhood centers, time away from work and work-life programs to promote balance. Learn more at https://hr.umich.edu/benefits-wellness
- The University of Michigan is ranked the No. 3 public university in the 2020 U.S. News & World Report’s annual report of the nation’s best undergraduate colleges and universities.
- The University of Michigan is ranked No. 6 on Kiplinger’s list of Best Values in Public Colleges, again making U-M one of the nation’s best values in higher education for in-state students. The ranking highlights colleges and universities that combine outstanding education with economic value.
- For the third straight year, the University of Michigan maintained its position as the 15th top university in the world, according to the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings.
- The University of Michigan maintained its ranking as the top U.S. public university in the QS World University Rankings for 2019-20 and ranked 21st among all institutions on the list, moving down one spot from last year in the ranking released Tuesday, 06/18/2019.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.