How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Division of Rehabilitation Psychology/Neuropsychology (RPN) is dedicated to providing high quality healthcare services for adults, adolescents, and children. We are actively seeking someone who exhibits compassion, enthusiasm, and is a patient-oriented individual who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees. This person will work across the clinic – adult, child, assessment, intervention, and multidisciplinary services. There are TWO available positions for this posting.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Appointment coordination includes appointment scheduling, providing an explanation of what the appointment(s) will entail and how to prepare, gathering patient documentation pre-appointment, and follow-up documentation and/or assistance post appointment. Michigan Medicine uses Epic for the scheduling process (MiChart).
- The scheduling process also includes reviewing insurance coverage status, and assisting patient/family with insurance coverage concerns. Explaining their benefits and offering alternative care options if desired.
- Support virtual care needs in the clinic
- Manage phone calls from internal and external customers related to services offered in RPN, answering promptly and professionally. Aspect software is used for all patient care contact.
- Assist in triage process for front desk / faculty / insurance coordinator
- Daily clinic tasks (prep files, reminder calls, grid management, WQ/referral tracking, In-basket messages, faxes, copying, scanning, etc.)
- Front desk coverage as needed (check-in / check-out, copay collection, health screening, etc.)
- Assist with additional assignments as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with patients, faculty, and staff.
- Exceptional communication, including active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- High standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability and flexibility, while consistently sharing information/resources with others.
- Proficiency in identifying problems, and taking the initiative in seeking and implementing solutions.
- Ability to remain organized, exhibit attention to detail, and set priorities for maximum productivity in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary clinical setting.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-4 years of clerical experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Prior experience performing complex scheduling
- Demonstrated excellent attendance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine software such as Epic (MiChart), Aspect, and REDCap.
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine policies and procedures
Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor MI
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.