How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required, outlining the reasons for your interest in this position and your skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Information Technology Services department is seeking applications for a part-time computer consultant/repair technician. This position delivers high-quality customer service and support across campus at the University of Michigan – Dearborn. As first-level tier support for campus, individuals will be involved in a fast paced environment; responding to problems and assisting end-users with technical needs.
ServiceDesk Technicians are responsible for providing technical assistance related to campus technology to all university affiliates. Assistance may take place over the phone, email, in offices, classrooms, computer labs, or remotely. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Advising faculty, staff, and students on software applications, login accounts, troubleshooting computers, printers, office phones, audio-visual hardware, and network related problems.
- Reloading existing computer systems and preparing new systems for deployment.
- Installing new computer hardware and software in offices, classrooms and computer labs.
- Conducting maintenance on A/V equipment in all classrooms.
- Work with hand tools, climb ladders, and other duties as required.
University of Michigan – Dearborn student in good standing, with a technical background with Windows, Apple, and mobile device experience, familiarity with installing hardware and software, good organizational skills, and excellent communication skills. Ability to work in both a high-performance team environment and independently without supervision.
Work shifts are from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm Monday – Thursday, and 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Fridays, and will be scheduled according to openings in your work schedule. Occasional weekend work may also be required.
May require working non-standard hours and on weekends. Schedule subject to change. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.