How to Apply
Please include a cover letter telling us about yourself. We would love to hear your background, and why the Center for Entrepreneurship (CFE) sounds like a good next step for your career. A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume.
We are looking for a Graduate Programs Manager to support our graduate curricular offerings and experiential learning opportunities. You will help STEM graduate students (Masters-PhD level) develop CFE's entrepreneurial mindset by providing them with guidance on student pathways. You will be staff liaison for CFE's graduate-level students, faculty, and other graduate program managers and campus-wide advisors. You will support academic programs' data management and reporting activities, while upholding University academic standards and procedures. This is a unique opportunity for you to be a part of a globally-recognized leader in entrepreneurship education. You will report to the Director of Academic Programs.
What You'll Do
- Manage CFE's graduate-level academic offerings, including the Graduate Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Responsibilities include student recruitment, advising, application, and pathway progress, and connecting students with potential projects and mentors.
- Represent the CFE at recruiting events, info sessions, fairs, conferences, symposiums, panels, and webinars, and give presentations about the CFE's Academic Programs to prospective students, campus partners and external partners.
- Maintain and analyze Academic Programs data, prepare periodic and annual reports to support strategic projects, and ensure data-driven decisions.
- Contribute to the strategic growth of CFE's graduate-level curricular offerings by developing experiential learning opportunities (trainings, workshops, events, and symposiums) that are inclusive of graduate students and their professional development goals.
- Support CFE leadership in building workflows, procedures and communications. Ensure compliance with University, State, and Federal policies.
Who We Are
The CFE is an innovation hub where ideas, people, resources, and technology meet and create the future. We provide active-learning experiences that teach the skills needed to translate projects and ideas into the world. Additional information about the College of Engineering's CFE can be found at: cfe.umich.edu/.
Why Work at Michigan?
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care — that's the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It's adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, the University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Master's degree in STEM, student affairs, higher education, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in higher education, including program management, student recruiting, advising, data management, and quantitative analyses.
- PhD progress in STEM or a related field.
- Experience with Business Objects, Student Administration Systems (i.e. PeopleSoft), InfoReady, and Acuity.
The College of Engineering seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of the College of Engineering.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit: https://www.engin.umich.edu/about/diversity/
To learn more about the College of Engineering strategic vision visit: https://www.engin.umich.edu/about/strategic-vision/
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.