How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is intended to provide individuals with an extension of their experience/studies in facility and event operations at the Varsity Tennis Center, This position will be
responsible for assisting with tennis matches, front desk operation, and upkeep of the Varsity Tennis Center This position will prepare the individual for a position as a facility worker, manager, or support staff.
Office Assistant - 051000 - Perform routine clerical work; answer inquiries and give directional assistance; receive cash and make change; receive and dispense forms, keys, mail or other items; perform filing; and maintain facilities or work area. Desirable Qualifications: Graduation from high school.
- Assist with event operations for U of M Varsity Tennis matches.
- Execute proper opening/closing procedures for the Varsity Tennis Center.
- Daily upkeep of the indoor/outdoor Tennis Courts.
- Event Set-up and Event Clean-up.
- Member reservation set up.
- Member sign up.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager.
- High School Diploma.
- Prior experience in Facility operations, grounds, or related experience.
- Proficient with general computer applications, point of sale software and graphics programs.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Big Ten Compliance rules.
- Knowledge of OSEH Safety Programs.
- Ability to work, mornings, nights, and weekends in indoor and outdoor settings.
- Experience working within a Division I University environment.
- Experience working with the public dealing with a wide range of customers.
- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all team members and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage changing demands.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with many varied audiences: Coaches, staff, student-athletes, customers, vendors, fans, etc.
- Ability to quickly and successfully diffuse, manage and resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to promote a team atmosphere with all employees.
- Ability to enhance innovation and new ideas with all team members.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is dedicated to building a department culture which demonstrates respect for all, shows compassion for others, and celebrates the differences among our staff, student-athletes, and supporters. We are committed to the hiring and development of diverse staff who contribute to an inclusive environment.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.