THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
Pay Rate is $15.00/hr
- Maintain clean and sanitized work area, including equipment, counters, and utensils, and using safe food handling procedures.
- Portion food items as requested by Chef Assistant or Manager, including the preparation of after-hours meals boxes.
- Assemble food items accurately on a patient tray according to printed tray ticket.
- Stock tray assembly line to ensure that food items are available as needed for patients, properly rotating products.
- Deliver patient meal trays according to departmental standards, including adhering to infection control guidelines and Joint Commission regulations.
- Operate a dishmachine and cart washer, including setting up and properly cleaning at end of shift, including using chemicals appropriately
- Wash silverware in dishmachine according to standard operating procedures
- Clean milkshake machine, juice machine and hot beverage machines
- Take temperatures and complete temperature logs every 4 hours or as required.
- Label and date food items according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform ongoing verbal communication between coworkers and at shift crossover.
- Be flexible with job tasks and job changes. This includes but is not limited to picking up additional duties when a coworker is absent.
- One year of continuous work experience in a food service operation.
- Ability to rotate stock using First In First Out method, including identifying and discarding expired products.
- Experience performing physical job tasks safely. This includes but is not limited to lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, reaching, standing (up to 8 hours), and pushing and pulling up to 35 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to read English with comprehension, listen effectively, speak and write clearly, and accurately follow written instructions, including job routines, tray tickets, recipe directions, and precautions on chemical product labels.
- Ability to perform excellent customer service; demonstrating respect for coworkers, working effectively on a team, as well as working independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to utilize resources responsibly, recognize and minimize food waste.
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace.
- Excellent attendance history.
Schedules may vary. Operational hours of 6:30 am - 9:30 pm.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.