How to Apply
Interested candidates must apply through the U-M Jobs website (umjobs.org/). In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter, not to exceed one page.
In the body of your letter, please describe how the position fits with and advances your career goals. (Please submit your cover letter and resume together as a single electronic document, as the system will accommodate only one attachment.) Your resume and cover letter will serve as a writing sample for the initial screening process.
Who We Are
LSA Advancement champions the liberal arts at the University of Michigan by creating access and opportunities for learning, engagement, and giving that will improve the world. Nested within LSA Advancement, the LSA Advancement Marketing Communications team is a group of dynamic, kind, creative innovators who share the inspiring story of the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts – and our outstanding faculty, students, and alumni – with the world.
We are a fun, fast-paced, excellence-driven, and equally human-centered unit that values authenticity in our staff and works to uphold the values of exploration, common good, well-being, inclusion, and integrity. To learn more about our culture, what we do, and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our Join Our Team Website.
Who You Are
As a member of our project management team, you’ll help to:
- Support our team of over 25 creative makers: writers, editors, designers, videographers, analysts, and strategists.
- Be part of a team that delivers over 200 projects and products annually.
- Plan, execute, and deliver websites, videos, magazines, brochures, social media content, direct mail and marketing programs, fundraising solicitations, ads, and more. You will be specifically positioned to manage fundraising, stewardship, and undergraduate student-focused marketing communications projects.
- Manage budgets, print and digital vendor relationships, and project schedules.
- Lead and organize teams, including facilitating meetings and following up with tasks, notes, and action items; and help forecast and plan work and manage resources.
- Serve as a customer- and partner-centered contact to many partners in our college, providing status updates, timely and effective communications, and convening creative conversations.
You will report to the Project Management Director, and the salary range is $50,000 - $55,000.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
Why Work at Michigan?
- Generous time off and paid holidays
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance, starting on day one of employment
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 1-2 years experience in a professional work environment
- Fluency with Google Suite Software (Docs, Sheets, Mail, Calendar, Slides) and Microsoft Office Suite (Docs, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience providing customer service to a variety of partners, clients, or customers
- 1 or more years of experience in a project management, administrative or coordinator role supporting sales, marketing, or fundraising efforts
- Knowledge of or experience with the functions of a marketing communications team
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit https://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/dei.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.