How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying your interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
As a member of the External Relations team, the Digital Communications Specialist (Marketing Cloud Specialist) will carry out digital communications related duties focused on advancing the mission, awareness, reputation and program offerings of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Working under the supervision of the Marketing Manager/Marketing Cloud Administrator, the Digital Communications Specialist will support the development, coordination and execution of impactful digital communications initiatives. Working with the enrollment management team, the Digital Communications Specialist will develop, execute and maintain a comprehensive digital recruitment communications plan for prospective and new diverse student populations, utilizing best practices in digital communications to create clear, accurate, and accessible content within the CRM (Marketing Cloud).
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all digital marketing and communications systems for the unit, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), TargetX email and Drupal
- Work with teams to create marketing automation strategies that enhance the unit’s communication and marketing plans and helps achieve the unit’s goals
- Design, execute and manage communication campaigns with continuous evaluation and optimization
- Create and execute email and/or texting communication campaigns utilizing the CRM tool to all prospect and applicant types
- Maintain reporting/dashboards for all campaigns that will be used to evaluate optimizations, as well as reporting out to the team, other campus units and university leadership
- Working with Marketing Cloud Administrator to manage data model to ensure correct data is available for send needs
- Test communication prior to send to ensure correct data is being used and negate deliverability and rendering issues and identify areas for optimization
- Manage event creation and integration between the CRM and CMS
- Ensures digital content is ADA and WCAG compliant.
- Complete ongoing training and develop training manuals and training for staff for both new and existing processes.
- Participate in cross-functional working groups and committees
- Utilize project management tools to manage complex projects.
- Additional marketing-related duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree in digital media, marketing, communications, or technology is required.
- 5 years digital communication experience, with experience using a CRM system, and understanding of marketing automation, and email marketing tools and strategy.
- A firm understanding of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM.
- Knowledge of marketing text messaging best practices.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, problem-solving and logical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be professional, service oriented, creative, self-motivated, highly organized, team player.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and multi-task while being productive and timely.
- Experience working in higher education, as well as knowledge of the admissions and college recruitment process and knowledge and understanding of the terminology involved in admissions recruitment/yield campaign management.
- Previous experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or other Salesforce applications.
- Previous experience in Admissions, recruitment or marketing.
- Data mining, data analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Experience making digital content ADA and WCAG compliant.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.