- Provide tutorial assistance to students.
- Assist students with defining academic success and monitor progress. Meet punctually with students for all scheduled appointments, individually and in small groups for content area tutoring and study skills development.
- Encourage student participation in tutoring.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and participation.
- Refer students to other avenues of support.
- Participate in Tutorial Services orientation and meetings.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely fashion.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENT STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-DEARBORN--Work Study recipients preferred.
- Applicant will work with non science based courses.
- Applicants must have completed course work in their subject area with a "B" or above.
- Applicants must have an instructor's recommendation to tutor each subject area. This document should be attached to this application.
- Tutors must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and be able to empathize with diversity.
- Tutors must be patient, flexible and able to adjust to various situations they encounter.
- Strong communication skills a must.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.