The Business Communication Lab (BCL) has consultant (tutor) openings for qualified applicants starting in Fall 2021. The BCL is looking for consultants who are interested in tutoring business communication writing assignments at the undergraduate level. In a one-on-one environment at the COB’s Business Communication Lab, tutors will coach students in written communication assignments. Sessions may be conducted remotely or in person.
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, writing sample and a letter of recommendation (in one file) submitted to this job posting.
- Support undergraduate student business written communication skills
- Available to meet remotely or in person as needed
- Attend paid staff meetings and training
- Maintain session records
- In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), ensure confidentiality of student work
- Perform duties and maintain standards according to college policies, procedures, and values
- Demonstrate a willingness to collaborate and learn
Applicants must have already taken and successfully completed BA 330, Managerial Communication with a high B to A range. Must be able to work well and collaboratively with peers. Multilingual students with expertise in English are especially encouraged to apply.
For any further questions, about the job posting, please e-mail, the Director of the Business Communication Lab, Christine Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Decision Making Process
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. After all documents are submitted, the Business Communication Lab will reach out to schedule an interview.