Applications must include a resume, cover letter, writing sample and a letter of recommendation (in one file) submitted to this job posting.
The newly launched, Business Communication Lab (BCL) has consultant (tutor) openings for qualified applicants starting in Fall 2021. The BCL is looking for consultants who are interested in tutoring business communication written and verbal presentation assignments at the undergraduate and graduate level. In a one-on-one environment at the COB’s Business Communication Lab, tutors will coach students in written and verbal communication assignments. Sessions will be conducted remotely or in person.
- Support graduate and undergraduate student business writing and verbal communication skills
- Available to meet remotely or in person as needed
- Attend paid staff meetings and training
- Maintain session records
- In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), ensure confidentiality of student work
- Perform duties and maintain standards according to college policies, procedures, and values
- Demonstrate a willingness to collaborate and learn
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication or a related discipline with applicable work experience is required Master’s degree preferred. Multilingual students with expertise in English are especially encouraged to apply.
For any further questions, about the job posting, please e-mail, Professor Christine Fischer, Director of the Business Communication Lab, at email@example.com.
Decision Making Process
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. After all documents are submitted, the Business Communication Lab will reach out to schedule an interview.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.