How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. In 300 words or less, the cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. This will be used to assess your written communication skills.
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care — that's the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It's adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
You will support a highly-interactive research team in the Center for Statistical Genetics (CSG) at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. Our group seeks to encourage research and training at the interface between the mathematical sciences and genetics/genomics. We promote methods research to develop statistical methods and computational tools for genetic studies along with promoting scientific research that applies state of the art methods to address genetic questions with a particular focus on human health and disease. You will report to the Director of CSG and will have the option of remote work flexibility.
- Office administration, including: order office supplies, maintain email groups, schedule meetings and conference calls, track office assignments, monitor office equipment records, onboard new students and staff, update web page, process reimbursements
- Event support, including: make travel reservations for internal and external guests, prepare event materials
- Administrative support to the center director, including: assist with award nominations, update documents such as CVs and Biosketches, assist with grant submissions
A full list of responsibilities can be found here.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Senior level: 4+ years of administrative experience
- Intermediate level: 2+ years of administrative experience
- Experience with Google suite, Microsoft suite, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a team
- Experience setting priorities, managing multiple tasks, meeting deadlines, and providing careful attention to detail
This position is part-time (20 hours per week).
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. The level of the selected candidate will depend upon the candidate's qualifications. Please note the salary ranges for each classification:
- Senior: $44,852 - $55,406
- Intermediate: $37,570 - $46,410
Note- salary ranges listed are for full-time effort.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. For more information, please visit: https://careers.umich.edu/benefits/.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.