How to Apply
You must supply a copy of your current resume and a cover letter to be considered. As a part of your cover letter, please provide the name of a faculty member in your graduate program who would be willing to attest to your performance in the program and recommend you as a Graduate Student Ambassador.
Applications will be reviewed and on-campus interviews with selected candidates will be conducted immediately after the position closing. For additional information or to ask questions, please contact Erin Strom at email@example.com or by telephone at (810) 762-3171.
The Office of Graduate Programs is seeking currently enrolled UM-Flint graduate students to work as Graduate Student Ambassadors. Students will be hired by UM-Flint to serve the following purpose:
- Make recruitment calls to prospective students who have recently requested information on your graduate program. The number of calls and days of the week will vary depending on the volume of prospective students and your availability, but will primarily be made in the evening, between Sunday and Thursday. Calls will be made on your personal phone.
- Serve as an on-campus representative for your program. Upon request, you may be asked to arrange on-campus meetings between you and prospective student(s) of your program, according to your availability, upon campus reopening. As a part of this on-campus visit, you may be asked to do any of the following:
- Have a meal or coffee on-campus with a current student (food voucher provided by the Office of Graduate Programs)
- Give a departmental tour and/or tour of campus
- Introduce the student to other students and/or faculty in your program or department
- Allow the student to sit in on a class/lab with you
- Correspond via email, text or Google Meet with prospective graduate students of your program
- Assist at recruitment events as requested such as orientation, open houses, webinars, etc.
The pay rate for the Graduate Student Ambassador is $13.50 per hour. The number of hours worked per week will average between 1-3 hours; this is primarily in the evening from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. Position is flexible for both a full-time student and/or a full-time working professional.
- Currently enrolled UM-Flint graduate student
- Have completed at least 6 credit hours in your graduate program at the time of application
- Overall graduate GPA of 3.0
- Native language of English, or a score of 84 or better on the TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS (or equivalent score on another language exam)
- Pleasant & outgoing personality
- Willingness to work with prospective students via telephone, email and in-person (upon campus reopening)
- Ability to make phone calls/text from your personal cell phone
- Must provide the name of a faculty member in your graduate program who would be willing to attest to your performance in your program and recommend you as a Graduate Student Ambassador.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.