How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
A cover letter and resume must be submitted as one document for consideration for this position. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology seeks candidates to assist on the Environment, Leiomyomas, Latinas, and Adiposity Study (ELLAS). We are looking for bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates to assist in the development of IRB documents and translation, recruitment, data collection, and obtaining informed consent. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational and communication skills. This person will be a liaison between participants and the study team.
This position will be responsible for community outreach/clinic based recruitment; screen participants; manage data (collect, record and input hard and electronic study forms, and quality assurance); coordinate study visits/activities; perform accurate data collection; communicating with participants via email, text, or phone; work with health care providers on recruitment; serve as a resource and contact person for active protocols; communicate and relay data to entire study team and data entry; report weekly on subject enrollment and progress in studies and ensure compliance with the protocol and adherence to Good Clinical Practice guidelines. The candidate will provide logistical support to the study on a daily basis in the field, including travel to the participating clinical sites; travel to sites throughout Michigan will be required. The candidate will work closely with the Lead Coordinator, Project Manager and Principal Investigator to meet study objectives.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Work with lead coordinator and Project Manager on daily study activities and recruitment.
- Help identify sites and providers for study objectives
- Manage recruitment procedures, letters and phone calls to reach out to sites and potential participants
- Approach potential participants, provide study overview, while being sensitive to environment and
- people involved.
- Explain study thoroughly, reviewing informed consent, answering any questions, following GCP Guidelines and IRB regulations and obtaining consent
- Travel to clinics in Detroit and SE Michigan to recruit and to perform study visits
- Utilize data collection system/database to complete study data collection forms
- Prepare datasheets, questionnaires, study related documents
- Tracking and communication via email and phone for questionnaire and study related follow up with participants
Data entry and cleaning
- Data entry, cleaning and management within University of Michigan system
- Review collected data and perform data quality assurance of the collected data with the study team
- Create reports on the completeness and quality of the collected data
- Attain in-depth understanding of study design and objectives to assist with successful implementation
- of all study procedures
- Report on recruitment, enrollment, data and projects during team meetings
- Assist with preparing tables, charts and graphs and editing of manuscripts/presentations/reports
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination or education and experience
- *Must be fluent in Spanish and English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Must be comfortable handling biospecimens
- Prior health-related research experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel regularly to Detroit and other Michigan locations for study visits
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Proactive and high attention to detail
- Saturday work days are required
- Clinical care experience including vital signs and handling of bio specimens
- Certified Nursing Assistant with CPR/First Aid Experience is desired
- MiChart Experience
- Experience using REDCap
- PEERRS or CITI Human Subjects’ Protection Certification
- Working knowledge of University of Michigan Policies and Procedures
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.