We are looking for an employee who can join us as a Part-time (15 hrs per wk) team member. We cater many exciting events like weddings, private parties, school events etc! This job would involve assisting with catered events at private locations on campus and surrounding areas. Primary responsibilities include delivering food to the location, set up/tear down and serving the catered event. Caterers earn up to $15 -$18.00 per hour.
A successful Catering Server will partner with Catering Manager. This includes the actual working of coffee breaks, receptions, events, banquets, and meals including set-up, service, and clean-up.
- Set tables, carries trays, and serves according to established direction by the supervisor.
- Communicate with the customer about menu items and services provided, communicates with co-workers and chefs about the needs of the customer.
- Understand Banquet Event Orders (BEO's) to safely, set up and break down events using in-room clearing and aisle tray breakdown buffet procedures.
- React to challenges while maintaining a positive attitude
- Respond promptly to guest inquiries, requests, and concerns; know when to alert a manager, should the need arise.
- Participate in environmental sustainability efforts: Being mindful of composting, recycling and reducing waste created from catered events.
A high School Diploma or equivalent is required
One year hotel banquet food and beverage experience.
You will complete a Serve safe course.
- Move quickly throughout kitchen and the dining facility.
- Maintain a static position for extended periods of time.
- Move and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
We offer a free meal for every shift, flexible scheduling, and professional development.
A resume is required to be considered for this position
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.