Starting pay is $9.65 per hour with most events including a prepaid tip. Scheduling for this position is based on events that include bar service.
- Prepare and dispense alcohol and non-alcohol drinks
- Prepare and stock the bar prior to the event
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar area during the event
- Operate cash register, scale and portable beer dispenser
- Properly clean, weigh, and store liquor and other items after the event
- Clear tables of disposable beverage cups and napkins
- Ability to dispense alcohol in a responsible manner
- Ability to correctly determine the age of guests requesting alcohol
- Ability to visually assess and monitor the alcohol consumption patterns of guests
- Ability to inform guests tactfully that they can no longer receive alcohol service due to visible intoxication
- Prepare inventory sheets prior to and at the conclusion of the event
- Complete event reports accurately
- Handle money
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and provide evidence of this during the interview process by producing a valid state ID or drivers license.
Applicants must include a resume with their application.
A minimum of 6 months experience in a customer service position.
A minimum of 6 months experience in a cash handling position.
Must be available to work night and weekend events.
Licensure & Certification
Attend and successfully complete the Techniques of Alcohol Management training session or Training for Intervention Procedures.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.