How to Apply
In order to be considered for an internship position, you must satisfy all the requirements listed above. Interested applicants can apply online at www.careers.umich.edu
The Urban Institute for Racial, Economic, & Environmental Justice (UIREEJ) Internship Program provides select students an opportunity to participate in research-based advocacy, action, and development initiatives at the University of Michigan-Flint. The program is dedicated to supporting and building our community.
Through local, state, national, and international partnerships, the UIREEJ will address some of the key economic, environmental, and health challenges the community faces. The Institute will continue, expand, and focus UM-Flint’s public service initiatives, while centering its work on community-based, participatory research.
- Examining the intersections of racial, economic, and environmental systems.
- Engaging in translational research to design practical solutions.
- Supporting community-led efforts to achieve common vision.
- Pursuing broad coalitions to identify and foster social determinants of success.
- Advancing public education, public-private partnerships, and civic engagement.
- Mitigating the manner in which the construct of race (and intersections of other identities with race) has impacted Black, Indigenous and People of Color.
Selected students will be eligible for an annual stipend of up to $5000. Salaries range between $10.00-$15.00 per hour.
***READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING***
ONLY students who have successfully submitted a proposal through the Urban Institute InfoReady site (umflint.infoready4.com/#uireej) and have been approved are eligible to submit an application for this position. All other applicants will be denied.
Additionally, qualified applicants are REQUIRED to complete the following:
- Complete the Sexual Harrassment and Misconduct training module
- Complete All HR requirements including the I-9 process and background check consent.
- Submit periodic progress report via InfoReady throughout the life of the project.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.