How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide functional support to the MA team under the direction of the Lead MA to ensure optimal teamwork, patient flow and service in the FCVC Clinic outpatient vascular surgery, cardiology and cardiac surgery clinics.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Work competently and collaboratively in all MA roles and responsibilities in the clinic.
- Complete daily schedule / staffing buddy and communicate issues as needed regarding gaps.
- Update Saturday on-call schedule.
- Work with the Lead MA to assist in agenda preparation, educational speakers, etc., for monthly staff meetings.
- Work with Lead MA and other MAI to develop training and orientation calendar to onboard new team members. Assign trainers as needed. Perform competency check offs as part of onboarding process.
- Continue to evaluate training materials to improve onboarding of new team members.
- Participate in MA interviews.
- Act as preceptor for student externs.
- Participate in the ongoing competency education training as needed.
- Coordinate repairs of clinic equipment and pharmacy orders with respective team leads.
- Work with admin team to facilitate issues with provider room assignments.
- Ensure standard process for the following are completed according to established time frames:
- Quarterly room check off
- Bi-annual gold standard blood pressure check off
- Monthly clean room expiration check
- Maintain supply of stickers for visual management in appropriate locations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience (4+ years) .
- BLS required within three months of hire.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Experience working within a large, complex health system.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Shift: Day Shift, variable hours and days
Location: Cardiovascular Center
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.