This individual will be responsible for providing research support to Dr. Lisa Prosser in the Susan B. Meister Child Health Evaluation and Research Center, Department of Pediatrics. Projects will focus on a broad variety of topics, including Covid-19, vaccinations, newborn screening, and emotional well-being. The Research Assistant will be responsible for conducting literature reviews, preparing tables and figures, assisting with presentations and manuscripts, and basic statistical analyses. This position will be paid hourly, and the individual will work 40 hours per week except on days when the CHEAR Center is closed (e.g., holidays).
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist with writing and editing of manuscripts and reports
- Assist in preparing presentations
- Other duties as assigned by Principal Investigators
- Bachelor degree in the sciences or social sciences or equivalent work experience
- Prior research or internship experience in health, health care, health policy, or health law
- Basic knowledge of statistics and database management
- Proficiency in conducting literature reviews in PubMed and other similar databases
- Proficiency in the use of EndNote, MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attendance, ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, manage deadlines without undue stress and exercise good judgment
Prior research or internship experience in health, health care, health policy, or health law
40 hours/week. Monday-Friday
300 North Ingalls St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.