The Comprehensive Wound Care Clinic opened in November 2013 and began offering hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment in September 2014. The Comprehensive Wound Care Clinic is located at Domino’s Farms. The patient population is complex with generally high-acuity. Many patients are wheel-chair bound. Care is individualized and specialized. The Clinic patient satisfaction scores are consistently in the 94-96th percentile. The Wound Care Clinic patients are seen routinely, therefore, the PSA works to complete clerical tasks and build respectful relationships with patients and their caregivers.
Provides general clerical support in a patient care environment. Arranges and coordinates support and ancillary services for patient care. Provides customer service to patients by facilitating business processes including appointment scheduling, check-in and check-out, pre-arrival and telephone triage. Makes arrangements for admissions, transfers and processing of patient discharges. Responds to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities.
Performs telephone triage and administrative support.
This is a 10 hour shift position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Accurately and efficiently schedules patient appointments utilizing Cadence.
- Manages pre-arrival functions to assure all necessary information has been obtained for clinic visits.
- Serves as a resource for providers and other staff, patients, and outside third parties for insurance authorizations and other managed care related issues.
- Responds to patient inquiries related to special requirements of insurance plans, directing patient to insurance carrier as needed to address coverage and benefit questions.
- Assists patients with payment questions on the phone or in person.
- Collects payments, co-pays and past due balances at patient check-in or check-out using established department guidelines.
- Reconciles clinic cash collections and credit card transactions daily according to specified clinic standards.
- Ensures completeness of visit information including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic codes for processing professional and facility charges.
- Participates in creating efficient patient flow coordinating with nursing/medical assistant staff and faculty.
- Leads a clinic team (Recognition, Celebrations, Everyday Lean Ideas, Supplies, Blue Folder Brigade, etc)
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 -3 years of experience
- Provides excellence in patient satisfaction.
- Possess strong keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of multiple software systems Interacts effectively and builds respectful relationships within and between units and among individuals.
- Communicates effectively in ways that enhance productivity and build respectful relationships.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Shares relevant information.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Adopts practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
- Good attendance. .
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Day Shift - ability to flex shift between Monday-Friday.
- 10 Hour shifts.
- Ability to flex time between 7:15AM – 6:45 PM
The Comprehensive Wound Care Clinic is located in Domino's Farms, Ann Arbor, MI
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.