Michigan Dining is seeking temporary assistant managers.
10% Develop and adhere to standard operating procedures
15% Train and develop employees to provide great service to guests.
10% Maintain a clean and organized operation at all times.
25% Ensure the operation is closed down properly each night.
25% Learn and perform general management duties, such as sales reporting, cash handling, ordering, payroll, and inventory
10% Enforces food and workplace safety standards.
5% Performs other duties assigned by management.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Two years of experience in a restaurant or cafe setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, business, culinary arts or a related field
- Management Experience
- Experience with cash handling procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic Knife Skills
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to accept paradox and navigate through change
- Can provide excellent customer service
- Is a people person
Must be available to work afternoons/evenings.
Able to maintain a static position for extended periods. Able to assist with events and service in our dining halls, cafes, markets and at catering events as needed. Ability to lift, move and transport objects weighing 25-30 pounds.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.