How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This individual will report to the Head of the Section of Health Services Research and Quality in the Department of Cardiac Surgery in support of efforts to advance research and quality through the use of intraoperative video recordings. The individual will assist with the digital recording of operations, recording of operative details, and transmission of data to the Data Coordinating Center.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Screen and recruit subjects
- Obtain subject (patient, provider) consent
- Collect and document project-specific data using electronic data capture systems
- Submit data to Data Coordinating Center
Research & Administrative Activity
- Handles data discrepancies
- Participates in study related visits
- Obtain, review and maintain IRB materials and regulatory documents
- Prepare site specific regulatory documents
- Maintains organization of all study related correspondence
- Review, edit, and assist in writing publications
- Oversee research students
- Bachelor degree in biomedical or health-related sciences
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with other team members
- Ability to assume responsibility, meet data deadlines and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft software applications as well as electronic databases
- Ability to multitask
- Punctual and detail oriented
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Proficient in the management of regulatory documents including Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions, study amendments, adverse event reporting, protocol deviation reporting, quality assurance, data query resolution, understanding of compliance issues with regard to human subject research
- Experience with Michigan Medicine e-Research, Michigan Medicine MiChart, electronic data entry and management
- Knowledge of medical terminology and prior experience working with patients and clinical care providers in a healthcare setting
- Prior clinical research experience
- National Certification (SOCRA or ACRP)
- The position may require occasional off-hours (e.g., evenings and weekends) for protocol related duties
- Full-time position; Monday-Friday days
- Location: Michigan Medicine, Frankel Cardiovascular Center
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.