The Department of Natural Sciences seeks dedicated student assistants to serve as Laboratory or Research Assistants in the Physical or Biological Sciences laboratories and research labs. Individuals seeking these positions will have such responsibilities as:
- Prepare chemical solutions and sterile media
- Work with biological materials and samples
- Operate laboratory equipment
- Set-up equipment and supplies for multiple teaching laboratories
- Wash dishes, clean labs, maintain equipment and chemical and supply inventories
Students whose major is in the Natural Sciences are strongly preferred for this position, though it is not required.
Current UM-D student. Ability to work as part of a team. Good verbal communication skills. Able to follow directions and work safely and independently as necessary. High attention to detail. Must be dependable. Good attendance and punctuality required. Will be taught all necessary skills.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.