This is a full time PS Associate/PS Assistant position located at the Burlington Office Center. We are looking for a dynamic action oriented problem solver, with great customer service and a desire to be part of an excellent team.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Patient scheduling
- Checking in and out patients
- Collecting Copayments
- Reconciling cash drawer at end of shift
- Checking Voice Mails
- Answering phones
- Informing therapist of patient arrival, cancellations, etc.
- Providing appropriate documentation in the medical record
- Provide on the job training and orientation of new staff
- Ensure proper training of staff as new processes/procedures are introduced
- Approve time off and coordinate vacation schedules to maintain adequate overage of the front desk
- Provide input on staff performance to site supervisor, clerical senior supervisor, or ACU manager as requested/ appropriate
- Attend monthly clerical lead meetings
- Review Tip Sheets as they relate to clerical and patient scheduling functionality
- Review and implement OTPTTR Division Front Desk policies, procedure, and processes
- Act as liaison between clerical and clinical staff
- Attend monthly staff meetings as requested by site supervisor
- Work with call center staff and site supervisor and or ACU manager to maintain 90% fill rates of therapist schedules as well as scheduling urgent patients as requested by physician or site supervisor
- Assist in identification and resolution of operating problems related to scheduling, registration, insurance authorization, statistics, and patient complaints regarding non-clinical aspects of care.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to efficiently navigate electronic medical records and online scheduling systems
- Clerical experience in an outpatient setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to accurately handle mulitple tasks while performing exceptional customer service
- Ability to respond professionally with a high degree of empathy and multiple problem-solving strategies if customers are unhappy
- Ability to identify high prioity concerns and prioritize accordingly to provide a timely resolution
- Strong attention to detail and collaborative problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and put to use new skills
- Reliable and timely attendance
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- 2 or more years of clerical experience in an outpatient setting
- 0 - 2 years of clerical experience in an outpatient setting
- Knowledgeable of MiChart Cadence and Outlook
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Experience working within a large, complex heathcare setting
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
Full time 40 hours, Monday through Friday, 8 hours a day, scheduled hours to be determined.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.