To evaluate and treat patients ages 0-21, with diseases, injuries, disorders and disabilities, to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance, using physical modalities, exercise and manual therapy.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in physical therapy is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in pediatric patient evaluation and treatment.
- Possession of a current state license to practice physical therapy in Michigan.
- This position can be underfilled with a candidate that does not yet have possession of a current State license to practice physical therapy in Michigan
- DPT degree in physical therapy or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year or more of pediatric physical therapy experience.
- Board certified pediatric clinical specialist (PCS) certification preferred.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.