Who We Are
Taubman Center Urology Ambulatory Care Unit
We are a University of Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Care Unit that is dedicated to providing the highest quality Urology health care service for both male and female adult patients. Our clinic is located right at the University of Michigan Health System Main Hospital. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why Work at Michigan?
You will play an integral role in the growth of clinic as we introduce new procedures and increase our patient volume. You will assist our institution in providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today.
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers
The Medical Assistant Senior in this clinic will gain a unique perspective leading and coordinating the daily activities for Medical Assistants, Medical Assistant Associates, and Medical Assistant Intermediates to ensure optimal clinical flow. We are excited to help you grow your skills. Not only will you lead a group of medical assistants, but you are a critical connector between leadership and day-to-day clinic operations.
In addition to these specialized skills and other abilities you already possess as a Medical Assistant, you will perform and/or are responsible for:
- Continuous work with our providers and staff to make improvements to clinic
- Provide interpretation and instruction for policies, procedures, and practices
- Maintain work schedules, approve payroll in Wolverine Access, approve time off, and assists with performance evaluations for Medical Assistants, Medical Assistant Associates, and Medical Assistant Intermediate employees
- Responsible for ensuring staff are signed off on clinic competencies
- Participates with leadership team to ensure effective clinical operations
- Promotes, facilitates positive and respectful communication with the entire healthcare team including patients
- Acts as a Lean champion fostering a culture of problem identification and continuous quality improvement
- Lead by example, acts as a team lead and provide front line assistance in problem-solving
- Assist in the delivery of direct patient care, supporting providers in a complex, multiple physician’s practice in an adult Urology ambulatory setting
- Cooperatively manage patient flow, perform routine laboratory support services; perform and assist in urological procedures and provide direct patient care as needed.
- Maintain equipment, order, and stock supplies
- Maintain orderly clinic environment
- Provides in-service training and coaches performance of Medical Assistants.
- Leads and attends Medical Assistant and Leadership Meetings as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- As part of the orientation training process, you will be working closely with the Ambulatory Care Manager for the ACU.
- We do require that you have a High school diploma or GED
- You are required to have either graduated from a Medical Assistant program OR have an equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years of experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team setting is needed for success in this role
- You must be able to demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- A knowledge of basic medical terminology is necessary
- You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
- Certification as an MA
- Additional formal education in a health care field
- Urology experience preferred
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on you upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings for all external candidates. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mission Statement: We advance health to serve Michigan and the world.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.