How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
What You'll Do
- Support the team with establishing and executing the Alum Engagement opportunities as part of the Hub’s annual programmatic calendar.
- Coordinate the alum experience with the Hub including all programmatic steps of the opportunity or event.
- Support the Alum Engagement team with establishing, tracking, and sharing alum engagement metrics, ensuring interactions are being captured and accurately documented in appropriate databases and CRMs.
- Contribute to the development of overall strategy for alum relationship management.
For a complete job description, please click here.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
Who We Are
The LSA Opportunity Hub at the University of Michigan is looking for an Alum Engagement Coordinator who will contribute to our mission to support students as they develop their aspirations and professional identities. We provide students access to internships, internship funding, career coaching and exploration, and connections to employers and alums. We believe in the power of a liberal arts education, and the Alum Engagement Coordinator will help further the methods for engaging alums with undergraduates in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts. These engagements will support all LSA undergraduates, with a deep commitment to those who have been historically under-served, in pursuing purposeful work and meaningful lives. As a unit, we are committed to antiracism and to carrying this commitment through every aspect of our work.
The Alum Engagement Coordinator will perform a variety of professional responsibilities in support of the day-to-day operations of the Alum Engagement area at the LSA Opportunity Hub. They will analyze, compare, and evaluate various courses of action in order to proactively and strategically support the Alum Engagement team. The position reports to the Assistant Director of Alum Engagement.
Skills You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or related combination of education and experience
- Experience organizing and executing a variety of event types
- Demonstrated commitment to issues of equity, access, and inclusion while maintaining a student-centered approach
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this role and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive
- This position regularly works on-site, although all positions in LSA have the option for flexible work arrangements
- The position may require occasional on-campus or domestic travel
- The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
- To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit https://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/dei.html
- To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.