The University of Michigan-Dearborn has an exciting opportunity available for a person with great initiative who is flexible, collegial, fun and professional for Student Assistant in the Office of the Provost. The Student Assistant will be responsible for clerical and project related tasks in support of various staff members.
Clerical duties include:
- Answering phones
- Filing, scanning, copying, and organizing documents
- Assisting with meeting set-up
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Research and create materials to support travel and conferences
- Place service requests with ITS and facilities
- Order and maintain office supplies
- General office duties as assigned
Project duties include:
- Review and format reports
- Conduct online research related to selected projects
- Support selected meetings and draft meeting summaries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to manage information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Professional etiquette, in person and on the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiate, and to follow through on task.
- Enjoys working with people and creating a friendly and professional environment.
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and other presentation software.
- Knowledge of and able to work in MBox
- Knowledge of and able to work in Google Drive
- Knowledge of/willingness to be trained in M-Marketsite
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday
- Work will conducted in person in the office
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.