How to Apply
Apply through http://careers.umich.edu/ (click on “APPLY NOW” box on upper right corner of this page). Applications will only be accepted from a current Mechanical Engineering student. May include your resume.
The Mechanical Engineering department invites applications from current ME graduate, and undergraduate students for the position of Lab Assistant.
* Attending Weekly planning meetings for the lab.
* Completing the lab Safety training.
* Assisting students in completing their lab work and course project.
* Promoting a professional and safe environment in the lab.
* Maintaining the lab as needed.
* Assisting in preparing laboratory materials and handouts.
* Grading homework, quizzes and lab reports using instructor provided solutions.
* Assisting the course instructor in proctoring exams and quizzes.
- Current enrollment in an Mechanical Engineering program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.