How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry is looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented candidate with top communication skills to be a part of our growing team. The Research Associate in this role will help recruit and engage participants for a federally-funded clinical trial, known as the Persist Study.
The Persist Study aims to test whether or not a recently developed therapy intervention will increase retention rates for those in Opioid Use Disorder treatment programs. As a Research Associate, you will make sure that accurate and timely data is collected for participants throughout this large-scale project.
This position is a great opportunity to learn more about the human subjects research process, gain experience in 1:1 civilian and Veteran participant contact, and expand knowledge on substance use and mental health treatment.
As a part of Michigan Medicine, this position comes with vast learning opportunities and competitive benefits. Our project has an outgoing, curious team and we are looking forward to growing! Our team is currently working from home due to the pandemic with plans to begin at least some in-office work this fall.
- Engaging in the participant recruitment, screening, and informed consent process both in-person and over the phone.
- Currently, sessions are conducted mostly via phone with some in-person recruitment. We expect in-person recruitment to expand in the next few months. This position will require travel across the state of Michigan to meet in-person with participants and clinic staff.
- Additional responsibilities include data entry, maintaining project records, attending team meetings and trainings, and conducting suicide/overdose risk assessments as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent organizational and conversational skills, professionalism, attention to detail, ability to work independently but also within a team.
- Able to cultivate relations with multiple personalities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines are all a must.
- We are currently working remotely and plan to continue remote work at some capacity into the future. The Research Associate will be held accountable for producing a functional and professional working environment capable of meeting Michigan Medicines work from home policies.
- Some recruitment and assessment of participants will take place in-person. For that reason, we require that candidates for this role have personal reliable transportation and are willing to drive across the state.
- This project will serve a widespread and complex population. Ability to work with a diverse range of participants is required.
- A background in research methods and/or clinical settings.
- Experience using MS Excel, Access, and REDCap is preferred.
- Previous experience working with Veterans, chronic pain, and/or with substance use populations is preferred, but not required.
- Flexibility in meeting project deadlines and goals
- Strong ability to problem solve is highly desired.
- Ability to maneuver throughout technology and remote communication
Each Research Associate will be responsible for completing a schedule consisting of 40 hours a week held within 5 days. Our typical work day is either 9am to 5pm or 8am to 4pm based on manager’s approval. Some weekend or evening shifts might be needed based on participant’s availability. Our Flexible hours are available for staff while we work remotely, however based on managers’ discretion and approval.
Work Locations: Due to the COVID-19 climate, we are currently working remotely until advised. All Research Associates will be expected to return to our base office located in Ann Arbor, MI at some capacity as soon as authorized. Our office is located at the Ann Arbor North Campus Research Center, building 16. This position will require travel to partnering clinics across the state of Michigan including Grand Rapids and Traverse City.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan participates with the federal EVerify system. Individuals hired into positions that are funded by a federal contract with the FAR EVerify clause must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the EVerify system. This position is identified as a position that may include the EVerify requirement.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.