How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Student Life Communications, Marketing & Design (CMD) at the U-M is a multi-disciplinary team of marketing and communication professionals and student pros. Together we create cutting-edge experiences and customer engagement that ensures the success of Student Life’s mission by bringing the Student Life story and brand to life.
The ideal candidate for this position will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of all projects within Student Life CMD to ensure that goals or objectives of the projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters. They will be required to collaborate with multiple cross-departmental teams both in-person and by utilizing multiple project management tools including the Wrike project management system.
They will need to be a highly organized, multi-faceted individual who can help develop best practices for the management of projects and how they flow efficiently through CMD. They excel at self-driven execution, communication, multi-tasking, driving projects to success, being a team player, with constant collaboration, creativity and flexibility that ensures success.
- Traffic all projects from initial request to final delivery
- Communicate effectively to prioritize workloads for creative team and requests from client partners
- Collect relevant project information to facilitate efficiency and accuracy
- Maintain strong communications with Account Managers, Communications Director and Creative Director
Process Management 20%
- Dedicated to providing the highest level of support & services to internal and external customers
- Facilitate an efficient workflow process to ensure timely and accurate development of marketing initiatives
- Enforce processes and set accurate expectations within a deadline oriented environment
- Help various teams work more efficiently by being a supporter & promoter of process
Account Management 20%
- Manage daily contact and communications with assigned accounts
- Establish strong working relationships with clients
- Partner with clients in a collaborative manner utilizing a consultative approach to customer service
- Provide client contact reports with CMD team
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally, and negotiate effectively within timelines and deliverables
- Work as a liaison between Student Life CMD and outside vendors
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Progressive professional experience within marketing and communications
- Available outside of normal business hours as needed
- Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline and handle several projects at once is required
- Proficient with project management software—experience with Wrike a plus
- Experience working in higher education
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite and computer systems
- Robust business acumen and ability to understand and determine financial impact
- Proven organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent listener and extremely organized
- Demonstrated success in communicating and working in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to adapt and comprehend programs, tools, systems, and environments
- Experience working collaboratively to set goals and implement projects
- Accustomed to brand awareness, strategic initiatives and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent proofing skills
- Ability to develop processes for greater departmental efficiency
- Ability to take both direction and initiative
- Ability to manage macro and micro views of projects and workflow
- Must be available outside of normal business hours as needed
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment
May be in a stationary position for an extended period of time
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of the selected candidate.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.