Enforce appropriate rules and regulations for intramural games. Responsibilities include event set-up and break-down, game management, player control, record keeping, and officiating games. The official must conduct contests in a professional manner; maintain professional attitude and appearance with employees, participants and spectators; work positively with other assigned Intramural Sports personnel; and maintain a safe environment for all participants. Evening and weekend hours required along with working in inclement weather if needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- UM-Flint student enrolled for current or upcoming academic year
- Completion of face-to-face staff in-service training in late August and early September 2021 pertaining to specified IM sports to officiate, including but not limited to: Soccer, Volleyball, and Basketball
- Work study award for the current academic year.
- Sports management or supervision experience
- CPR/AED certification
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.