The Enrollment Management Division is seeking an experienced Web Administrator to serve as project manager of web projects responsible for the planning, developing and deploying of websites. The successful candidate will work directly with partners to determine project scope and specifications and will coordinate the design and development to implement websites. This position is responsible for developing and providing content that will motivate and entertain users so that they regularly access our website and utilize it as a major source of information and decision-making. This important role is also responsible for the managing and performing website editorial activities including gathering and researching information that enhances the value of the site. The successful candidate will locate, negotiate and pursue content and will seek out customers to gather feedback for website improvement and enhancements. This position will report to the Director, EM Strategic Communications & Events.
- Work with the Director and other stakeholders to maintain and strategize on page layout and content for all Enrollment Management website areas (admissions, registrar’s office and financial aid).
- Serve as the content ambassador for Enrollment Management who is responsible for maintaining and updating all areas of the Enrollment Management website on the University’s content management system (CMS).
- Serve as a liaison between the Web Strategy and Service team and the content editors across Enrollment Management units to coach and provide guidance on using the University’s content management system (CMS), and to share and learn web best practices. Facilitate Drupal training as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and administrator for any of the web pages that fall under Enrollment Management and coordinate scheduled reviews of site content with content owners and editors.
- Provide support as needed with maintaining content on the Salesforce portal pages and creating Admissions related events on the Salesforce platform.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing department to provide support in developing strategic messaging and new content to increase enrollment and support the University's strategic goals and mission.
- Participate in user research activities scheduled by the Web Strategy and Service team, test new features or improvements to the CMS and provide feedback as needed.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing department to maintain an engaging social media presence.
- Works with key stakeholders to identify and create web content and messages that further organizational objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of office goals and core values
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing or related field
- At least three to five years of combined project management and web experience
- Working knowledge of and experience with web platforms, techniques, and best practices
- Experience in production management, web page design, web writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Experience working collaboratively to set goals, implement projects, and assess success
- Effective interpersonal skills with an ability to interact professionally with all audiences.
- Accustomed to the strategic use of brand awareness, marketing, and user experience, and customer service
- Must be comfortable in a multi-layered organization with complex reporting relationships
- Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline and handle several projects at once
- Ability to take both direction and initiative
- Proven experience generating client satisfaction and providing solutions
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and overall commitment to Michigan Excellence to our office, the University, and our constituents
- Skilled multi-tasker, excellent listener, and extremely organized
- Master’s degree.
- Sensitivity working with multicultural populations.
- Demonstrated success in communicating and creating in the webspace
- Working knowledge of and experience with search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, platforms, and best practice
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.