How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, include your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening, Weekend, and Online formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management
You will provide coordination and support for student programs, while also providing customer service to faculty, staff, students, alumni, and visitors. You will report directly to the Associate Director of the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Lead coordination efforts for multiple student programs including Entrepreneurial Workshops, Mingle 'n' Match, Entrepreneurial Luncheon.
- Promote execution of the program's goals by promoting important relationships at the school, campus, local, and national levels.
- Manage programs by participating in organizational meetings with faculty and program directors on design, finance, and operational aspects of the program.
- Solicit and respond to feedback regarding various aspects of the program.
- Present feedback to program directors and recommend actions for future programming and continuous improvement.
- Provide student advising on the Institute's programs.
- Provide support for programs including the Michigan Business Challenge, Dare to Dream, Michigan Investment Challenge, and student-led investment funds.
- Populate and maintain the Institute's Canvas site with relevant program information and resources for students.
- Oversee the execution for above programs, events, conferences, workshops, or meetings by managing logistics, preparing agendas, gathering materials, communicating with attendees, and attending/hosting.
- Collect metrics for information sessions, workshops, and programs.
- Four year college (Bachelor's Degree) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project management, event planning
- Experience processing student payments
- Work as an member of a team and to work independently with high efficiency and productivity
- Contribute to a positive work community by approaching work with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treat others with respect, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listen, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others.
- Customer-service oriented manner
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- You communicate with students about programs, events.
- You present information at events
- You occasionally moves through the building to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- May require work during early mornings, nights, or weekends
- Domestic travel may be required
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven days. The job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.