How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Oncology Quality Consortium (MOQC) is a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan-funded Collaborative Quality Initiative with the core values of Trust, Integrity, Collaboration, Compassion, and Growth Mindset. Our team uses data from physician practices across the state of Michigan to develop and inform quality improvement projects. Our mission is to improve oncology care everywhere, for patients and their families.
The responsibilities of the Clinical Data Abstractor include collection and entry of data and measure trends on patients care for practices of MOQC. The Clinical Data Abstractor will develop a relationship with an established case load of practices, meeting deadlines and standards with minimal supervision, and report findings and trends to MOQC according to established standards and deadlines.
The Clinical Data Abstractor will also
- Update assigned practices regarding matters related to data collection
- Perform audits of data for reliability and provide feedback to practices
- Report or resolve data platform, report, and data discrepancies
- Work with the MOQC team to promote compassionate inclusion, trust and integrity, collaboration, and a growth mindset
- Attend Consortium meetings
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- A minimum of five years of oncology care typically associated with one the following positions: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), and/or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), and/or Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR). Recent substantial and expert oncology abstraction experience may be substituted for the oncology care requirement of a BSN, RHIT or Tumor Registrar
- Excellent communications skills, including presentation skills
- Expert capability with computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft) and web-based applications
The Clinical Data Abstractor will work with the MOQC Project Managers, Program Manager, and Program Directors to identify and implement strategies that will improve the quality of care in the MOQC practices.
During the COVID pandemic, the majority of the work can be performed remotely according to CDC and state guidelines. A hybrid work model will be likely starting in Fall 2021. Travel within the state of Michigan may be required. Mileage and hotel, where appropriate, is reimbursed. This is a 1.0 salaried position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.