How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Enterprise Technology Services –
The HITS Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) division designs, deploys, and supports application platforms, integration solutions, and computing devices. ETS is dedicated to advancing security, quality, and availability of services and data across Michigan Medicine. The team connects patients and business partners with relevant data for both clinical and business needs, while helping to ensure electronic medical records are accessible and secure. The team’s frontline staff deliver consistent remote and in-person customer service to support computers, printers, telecommunication, and mobile devices.
Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) seeks an innovative and enthusiastic Business Systems Analyst to join our team. You will report to the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) division, supporting process improvement activities and coordinating essential responsibilities, including yearly device replacement, operating system updates, and device technology solutions. We oversee the budgeting and implementation of yearly hardware life cycle replacement and managing key operating system updates to the fleet. You will have excellent organizational analysis, process mapping, requirements gathering/management, communication, and organizational skills. We ask that you are flexible in taking on new work assignments and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Why Work at Michigan?
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future.
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Coordinate Windows-as-a-Service (WAAS) updates across our HITS ETS Device Operations teams. This will include working with the ETS Enterprise Device Engineering & Management team to coordinate testing, deployment, and tracking of the upgrade process.
- Coordinate yearly device hardware life cycle replacement efforts. This will include assisting in tracking, reporting and fiscal year budgeting activities. Analyst will work with device operations leadership and staff in assessing yearly hardware and labor needs, establishing an operational plan for device replacement, and coordinating contract labor resources.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HITS Enterprise Technology Services processes and functions. Utilize analysis and business process mapping techniques to improve process efficiency with an emphasis on Lean tools and principles.
- Work with end users to perform workflow assessments, gather technical needs, and recommend solutions to end users from our portfolio of HITS supported technologies. The scope may include device hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices) or enterprise supported applications (O365, etc.).
- Analyze incident trends in device services, working with teams to adjust processes and improve service levels
- Work with HITS Service Desk and Customer Experience teams to ensure our services are meeting the needs of the Michigan Medicine user base
- Participate in small-medium project management activities, such as project planning, demand management, charter and scope creation, project communications and status reporting.
- Document processes and workflows in knowledge-base articles
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3 or more years of experience working as a Business Systems Analyst, Computer Systems Engineer, Application Analyst.
- Two or more years Business Analysis experience
- Ability to analyze and understand unfamiliar processes and perform root cause analysis to identify problems and opportunities
- Experience in detailed requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, and validation
- Proficiency in technical writing and knowledge management
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong problem-solving capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams at all levels
- Experience with Lean methodology and principles.
- Train material delivery experience.
- ITIL Foundations certification or equivalent.
- Familiarity with financial reporting and budgeting
- Familiarity with Splunk and SCCM
- Familiarity with Windows and MacOS
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
- Proficiency in Office 365, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business
While the standard hours are considered day shift, M-F, this position is being made available with the ability for you to negotiate alternative work schedules and remote/on-site options to suit your work-life balance While the standard hours are considered day shift, M-F, e. Non-Michigan residents should inquire about potential employment while working remotely in a state other than Michigan. Apply to be part of a strong team that partners with our institution, community, and each other.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.