Work on this project aims to develop magnetic resonance and fluorescence imaging agents for studying redox environments as they pertain to disease progression and normal physiological function.
- Perform standard organic synthesis
- Purify organic compounds
- Characterize and evaluate molecules synthesized
- Meet regularly with PI
- Present findings at regional and/or national conferences
- Assist with literature reviews and manuscript preparation
Candidate must be a current UM-Flint undergraduate student. Also, in addition to the knowledge acquired from organic chemistry courses CHM 330, 331, 332, and 333 with at least a B in each, the following skills and experience are required:
- Time management
- Strong communication
- Organizational skills
- Experience in organic synthesis
- Experience with ChemDraw, SciFinder, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.