How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Customer Experience Representative Intermediate (CERI) is a front line, customer facing position that requires strong problem-solving skills and the ability to connect and build relationships with lawyers, judges and legal staff. As a brand ambassador, the CERI is thoroughly familiar with ICLE’s core values and demonstrates those in every customer interaction. The CERI is thoroughly familiar with the ICLE Partnership resources and other products, demonstrating their benefits and selling or upselling products based on customer needs. Day-to-day, the CERI will provide inbound call support, resolve issues, document interactions and report on customer trends and problems. The CERI has strong attention to detail and possesses mid-level administrative skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a track record of providing superior customer outreach, service, and/or technical support in an online retail, sales, or call center environment.
- Be passionate about engaging customers through product knowledge and aligning products to customer needs.
The Customer Experience Representative Intermediate provides general customer experience support and training, generates product sales and participates in key business office functions. As a resource for ICLE customers, performs account management services, basic technical support and retention services including online training and renewal calls. This position is also responsible for achieving Institute targets for product sales by making outbound sales calls, participating in lead generation and follow-up, and attending ICLE events. The Customer Experience Representative Intermediate increases brand awareness and builds relationships by demonstrating and training ICLE Partnership resources and soliciting feedback regarding customer preferences, questions, technical challenges, complaints, and other questions as provided. This position requires detail oriented, highly proficient problem-solvers who can listen to the needs of our customers, engage and build on our relationships, think on their feet and provide the optimal customer experience for ICLE clients.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in one Microsoft Word or PDF document. Applications submitted without cover letter and resume will not be considered.
- Makes recommendations.
- Makes decisions on routine application of ICLE policies for individual customer calls and requests.
- Handles with supervision, complex individual customer calls and requests in accordance with ICLE policies.
40% - Provide basic support for electronic products, sales, and account management, via phone, e-mail, in-person contact, and social media outlets.
- Assist customers by providing support for how to use ICLE’s website and web-based products which may be used on a desktop computer, MP3 player, e-reader, smart phone, or netbook. Includes investigating and resolving issues
- Respond to a high-volume of incoming customer inquiries over the phone, in writing – through e-mail and various social media channels, and in-person. Includes providing product and policy information and significant multi-tasking.
- Complete routine account management tasks including running and providing standard customer reports, resetting passwords, updating customer account information, assessing usage, and answering routine questions.
- Take and enter orders and payment into database. Cross- and up-sell products. Understand and be able to accurately explain appropriate deals and related policies and enter those deals accurately. May include tasks like package tracking, creating invoices and quotes, and generally explaining the benefits of products, what they are, how they work.
- Train customers on how to use ICLE’s website, web-based products, and basic web-based technology. Can include online training via zoom, verbal instruction and creating and sending of written instructions.
- Routinely solicit customer feedback regarding their preferences, questions, technical challenges, complaints, and other questions as provided
25% - Achieve Institute targets for product sales and renewals by making outbound sales calls and attending ICLE events
- Participate in customer retention efforts by making partnership renewal calls.
- Routinely make outbound sales cold calls using a script and vetted customer call list.
- Systematically follow-up with prospects after cold calls with personal and targeted e-mails that include carefully curated content.
- Regularly follow-up with customers who have participated in the ICLE free partnership or online certificate trial.
- Attend ICLE events as assigned to provide onsite demonstrations of ICLE products, and facilitate sales of print and online products at the event. Can involve overnight travel, early morning, and evening appointments. Can involve presentations in front of a live audience.
- Track and report on results related to sales, outbound calls special Institute initiatives and other tasks as assigned. Input into Excel spreadsheets, databases, and ICLE’s intranet.
15% - Co-lead monthly online Partnership trainings; schedule and lead additional customer trainings as needed
- Conduct monthly Partnership trainings via zoom with Business Development Manager using a training template and script.
- Report on customer questions, trends and other website issues from each training as appropriate
- Schedule and participate in additional zoom partnership trainings for large firms and other customers as appropriate
20% - Responsible for collection of past due accounts, follow-up on e-mailed monthly renewal notices for all online products, supports other business processes as needed.
- Routine follow-up of monthly e-mailed renewal notices for all online products
- Make outbound calls, following a standard script, regarding past due accounts.
- Conduct daily batch checks
- Open mail, sort check and paperwork. Prepare for data entry.
- Enter payments, registrations and orders from checks received by mail in ICLE’s database (iMIS)
- Process payments, update records, communicate status internally.
- Participate in department processes as assigned related to renewals, sales, law school clinics, and other special account management. Includes communication, verbal and written, with customers and ICLE internal staff.
- Process returns and inventory transactions
- Back up for Grant MCLE credits in iMIS for seminar attendees once the sign-in, sign-out sheets are reconciled
- Participate in weekly staff training sessions.
- Serve in back up capacity to provide coverage for the front desk
- Serve on ICLE teams
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action and Safety Programs
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of phone experience including technical and customer support, sales, and cold calling
- Proven ability to work courteously with the public
- Proven ability meeting sales targets
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately (Excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Proficiency in inputting data accurately and efficiently
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Proven ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to a non-technical audience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers and both Windows and Apple operating systems
- Proven administrative/clerical experience requiring great attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MP3 players, e-readers, smart phones and tablets, shopping and researching on the web, and common social media sites.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge and policies about ICLE products and services
- Ability to occasionally attend ICLE events which include early morning or late evening travel.
- Applicants will be required to complete a work sample exercise administered by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Experience in a customer service and/or technical support call center environment highly desired.
- Ability to use a complex phone system
- Experience with an online accounting system
- Familiarity with the law or paralegal experience a plus
- Familiarity with html
- Presentation skills and past experience attending trade shows and demonstrating to the public
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.