The Occupational Therapy (OT) Department is seeking to hire a Fieldwork/Capstone Administrative Assistant Senior.
The OTD program is a professional (or clinical) doctorate, which is the highest level of academic preparation that an entry-level occupational therapist can obtain. Our program preparation for the entry-level OTD exceeds that of an entry-level master's degree. Being on the forefront of this professional movement allows our students to be among the most coveted graduates regionally and nationally.
This Administrative Assistant Senior will report administratively (time-keeping requests and approvals) to the department Office Manager, but will functionally report to the Director.
General Administrative Responsbilities:
- Provide overall support to the Academice Field Work Coordinator (AFWC), Academic Capstone Coordinator (ACC) and Program Director as directed
- Prepare email correspondence to students and clinical education facilities
- Track placements offered by clinical sites and ensure an adequate number is offered for each clinical course
- Maintain databases of clinical education facilities
- Verify student eligibility to participate in clinical education experiences by monitoring student compliance with clinical education requirements, including health requirements
- Serve as contact person in the absence of the Academic Field Work Coordinator
- Assemble documents for faculty to visit students
- Schedule and confirm clinical site visits and virtual meetings (i.e, Zoom)
- Serve as an informational resource to students and faculty regarding University policies that apply to the Clinical Education in the Occupational Therapy Program
- Draft report components of accreditation reports and annual reports required by accreditation
- Assist AFWC with assigning students to clinical sites
- Create with AFWC and maintain Clinical Education Handbook for distribution to new students at orientation and to clinical faculty
- Update student health documentation for distribution to new students at orientation
- Handle all events planning for related courses
- Coordinate assessment of clinical sites and clinical faculty and compile reports of results
- Set up access and provide assistance to Clinical Instructors and students
- Work with Procurement and Contracts to initiate and ensure affiliation agreements for clinical sites
- Attend Clinical Education Team meetings and record/take minutes
- Contribute to preparation of reports to external accrediting bodies as well as internal groups
- Provide staff support to department task forces as necessary
- Attend staff meetings as directed by supervisor and department procedures
- Participate in OT Department admissions application process
- Monitor and update department communication vehicles including website, electronic eNews, newsletter and event flyers as they relate to the OT program
- Serve as backup to other staff when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Four (4) years of relevant administrative experience
- Interest in and ability to learn new software applications such as EXXAT, OTCAS/WebAdmit, WebFocus, WebNow, ImageNow, Qualtrics, EMS, Acalog, Banner, EMAS, Wolverine Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, high-level of critical thinking ability, strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions, exercise initiative, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; work in a team environment and exhibit a positive attitude and a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, meet deadlines with attention to detail and take ownership of job responsibilities
- Good attendance record and strong work ethic
- Service-oriented and have a positive attitude
- Advanced level competency with computer programs, such as Google suite, includeing gmail/chat/Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in a graduate level academic setting is preferred
- Prior experience working in higher administration
- Possesses advanced technological expertise
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days and review of candidates can begin as early as the eighth day. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.