This position is responsible for assisting with all facilities-related tasks at the Ross School of Business. This includes maintenance duties, cleaning duties and classroom and event support.
- Offer exceptional customer service to visitors, donors, faculty, staff and students.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the business school complex.
- Monitor the condition of the building and equipment, reporting damage or other concerns to the Facility Supervisor.
- Inspect door locks, broken furniture or equipment throughout the building.
- Learn and use the Sysaid system to create new work tickets, provide updates, and close out work orders.
- Inspect and clean meeting rooms, offices, restrooms, and other public spaces during building hours to ensure all areas present well for use.
- Work with vendors to maintain the building and equipment in all areas.
- Support events, large proceedings, student activities throughout the business school complex.
- Monitor classrooms, conference rooms, study rooms, and open circulation spaces. Verify rooms/spaces are in proper condition for each activity.
- Ensure building doors are locked/unlocked according to schedule.
- Communicate clearly in written and verbal form with multiple departments, students, staff, and faculty community members.
- Notify a supervisor, manager and contact DPSS on all safety and security issues.
- Provide coverage for call-ins, vacation times, breaks, lunches, for other facilities assistants in the operations department.
- Use our ticketing system, Sysaid, to verify new and outstanding work orders.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner while ensuring Ross policies and procedures are followed.
- Any additional duties necessary directed by a supervisor or manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a diverse clientele base is critical.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks; meet multiple deadlines; and work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion with sensitive and confidential information is required.
- Must be able to work independently as a critical member of a team, while demonstrating cooperation and flexibility.
- Previous work experience in facilities/operations is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working evenings and weekends in a customer service position is strongly preferred.
40 hours/week, some afternoons and evenings and/or weekends.
Starts ASAP, expected to last until May 7, 2022.
Ross School of Business, 700 E University, Kresge Hall, Ann Arbor MI 48109
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The person in this position routinely moves furniture and equipment weighing up 50 pounds throughout the Michigan Ross complex to remove or relocate furniture, or perform other Facilities Assistant duties mentioned above.
- Will require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
- All on-campus work
- Learn customer service and communication skills
- Will work with a diverse set of faculty, staff and students
- Obtain a sense of ownership for outcomes
- Experience a team environment
- Attend staff meeting
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.