How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Student Life Facilities partners with Housing, Dining, University Unions, Recreational Sports, and other units within Student Life to provide exceptional residential, recreational and learning experiences for students at the University of Michigan. There are approximately 290 employees working in Student Life Facilities. The Student Life building and infrastructure portfolio consists of 3 university unions, 9 residential dining halls, 18 retail locations, 18 residence halls for approximately 9500 undergraduates, and apartments for approximately 1500 graduate students and their families. Student Life Facilities is comprised of 4 Directors who have distinct roles with Daily Operations, Capital Projects, and Trades & System Management. The Goal of Student Life Facilities is for "all infrastructure to always work as intended"
Serving under the Director of Student Life Facilities Trades and System Management, the Associate Director administers the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that directs Preventive & Corrective Work activities across all Student Life Facilities. The Associate Director grows the data architecture within the CMMS to promote: accurate reporting of the equipment status within Student Life managed buildings; work order, maintenance, and capital projects backlog and execution; facility condition reporting: and inventory management. Systematically review the configuration of equipment throughout the portfolio, and then you will make recommendations and oversee programs to increase energy performance, reduce infrastructure varieties, and synchronize desired maintenance and repair projects with work orders and capital projects.
- Provide leadership for daily operations.
- Contribute to development and training for team members.
- Have oversight of Budget and Expense.
- Report directly to the Director of Trades and System Management.
To view full job description, please click here.
- Bachelor's degree in institutional or facility management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in a progressively responsible administrative or management leadership role in an institutional environment, supervising various classifications of staff
- Experience working with collective bargaining agreements
- Knowledge of building maintenance, heating, cooling, air conditioning, electrical systems and custodial standards
- Significant experience with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Gmail
- Significant experience with commercial CMMS programs, with insight on data architecture and providing accurate and insightful management reports
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions after a year
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
Salary Range: $74,100 to $88,900. Starting salary may vary depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.